Wednesday, August 7, 2013

TNG S05E04, S05E05


In this installment
:
(viewed Wednesday, August 7th)
Star Trek:  The Next Generation, S05E04 - "Silicon Avatar"
Star Trek:  The Next Generation, S05E05 - "Disaster"


"Silicon Avatar"
  • "I've got to tell you, this is a beautiful place to put down roots."

    You know, except for the giant crystalline killing machine in the sky.
  • Oh, hell no.  Don't kill Riker's new girlfriend.  That's a great way to make enemies.  Big, bearded, barely-literate enemies.
  • "Ensign, increase to Warp 8."

    Uh, you know this tug will do like..Warp 9+ in an emergency, right?  A violent atmospheric disturbance on a planet hosting senior members of your crew and a buttload of colonists counts, I would think.
  • "Increase to Warp 9."

    There you go.  That's better.
  • Bitrius Filament:  The name of the album my Afro-Celtic-Lounge-Funk-Metal band, The Fissles of Häng, will record with orchestral accompaniment (S&M-style).
  • "You can't feel anything, can you?"

    Someone didn't read the white paper on Soong-type androids, did they?
  • This is one of many occasions on which Star Trek borrows from Moby-Dick.  In this case, Kila Marr is our Captain Ahab.
  • Eugh, I hate it when Data talks in someone else's voice.  So creepy.
  • "I believe your son would be very sad now."

    Ouch.


"Disaster"
  • Every time the crew is getting ready to "relax" for a while?  FRIGGIN' CHAOS.
  • And Dr. Crusher needs to stop trying to get people to sing and dance.
  • Picard + Children = Hilarity
  • "I planted radishes in this special dirt, and they came up all weird."
  • Quantum filaments are nothing but trouble, I tell you.
  • Trapped on the bridge with Chief O'Brien and Counselor Troi?  Congratulations!  You're goign to get the pleasure of observing the two extreme ends of Starfleet's competency spectrum.
  • The kid who keep saying they're going to die?  He's my favorite.  He should start the Enterprise-D's first goth band.
  • "I'm not really familiar with that protocol."

    Yeah, we know Deanna.
  • "I believe Counselor Troi is the senior officer on the deck."

    "Counselor Troi?"

    "She carries the rank of lieutenant commander."


    Well, crap.
  • "Executive Officer in Charge of Radishes"

    Picard didn't make that title up to humor that little kid.  That's Counselor Troi's real title.
  • Lt. Commander Data:  Always ready to take one for the team.  Even if it means stepping into a plasma stream and then removing his head.
  • The bad news is that you're trapped in an elevator with Captain Picard.  The good news is that your trapped in an elevator with Captain Picard.
  • "There will be a sharp pain as I set the bone.  Prepare yourself."

    Dr. Worf, Medicine Klingon
  • Damn you, Keiko!  Why must you needlessly complicate everything?!?
  • As much as I usually loathe Counselor Troi and generally enjoy Ensign Ro, the former does a great job of putting the latter in her place in this episode.
  • So, Worf has seen Keiko's vagina.  I wonder if that ever comes up when he and O'Brien are in the trenches together during the Dominion War.
  • "You were wonderful, Worf.  I couldn't have done it without you."

    Something no one else ever says to Worf again, ever.
  • "You just can't stay away from the big chair, can you?"

    "I don't think I'm cut out to be captainFirst officer, maybe.  I understand there aren't many qualifications."


    I don't often like Counselor Troi, but when I am it's usually because she's making fun of Commander Riker.
  •  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comment not related to the content of the blog post will be deleted. This includes spam and egregiously off-topic comments.