Tuesday, July 8, 2014

DS9 S02E01 & S02E02

In this installment:
(viewed Tuesday, July 8th)
Star Trek:  Deep Space Nine, S02E01 - "The Homecoming"
Star Trek:  Deep Space Nine, S02E02 - "The Circle"


"The Homecoming"

  • "I help you crack a notorious smuggling ring, and you still insist on treating me like the enemy?"

    "You are the enemy."
  • The 76th Rule of Acquisition:  "Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies."
  • "Major, I can't loan you a Starfleet runabout without knowing where you plan on taking it."

    "To Cardassia IV to rescue a Bajoran prisoner of war."

    "You're right.  I wish you hadn't told me."
  • This episode is the first appearance of the Alliance for Global Unity, a xenophobic Bajoran extremist group informally known as "The Circle".

  • "Let's say I give Kira the runabout and she rescues Li Nalas.  What do we say to the Cardassians?"

    "The question is:  What do the Cardassians say to us?  They swore they released all their Bajoran prisoners."


    Good point, Old Man.
  • "I just came by to wish you 'good luck'...and to tell you that Chief O'Brien will be accompanying you on your mission."

    "I don't think that's a good idea.  Having a Federation officer along could cause complications for you later."

    "I'm willing to risk that.  You're an excellent pilot, Major.  But Mr. O'Brien here is better.  And I want to make sure that I get my runabout back in one piece."


    Also:  O'Brien is a decorated combat vet and a complete bad-ass.  And he hates Cardassians.
  • Ah, the old "pretend to be a prostitute to sneak into the prison camp" trick.

    Hey, it worked in First Blood Part II.
  • I bet O'Brien pretty much never gets tired of shooting Cardassians.
  • "I'm picking up two Galor-class warships entering orbit."

    Yeah...those are too big for a runabout to fight.
  • "Major, I have just informed Commander Sisko that the Cardassian High Command has issued a formal apology to the people of Bajor."

    "An apology?"

    "We had no idea that Bajoran prisoners were still being held on Cardassia IV.  Such detentions are a direct violation of Supreme Directive 2645, and I assure you that the camp prefect will be chastised accordingly."
  • Minister Jaro Essa:  I think we could all tell he was a villain (or would become one, at least) from the get-go.  I mean...does Frank Langella ever play a good guy?
  • Oh, come on.  Don't brand poor Quark's forehead.  He's ugly enough as it is.

  • "She said her father wouldn't let her go out with me, because I'm not a Bajoran."

    Racism, 24th Century style.
  • Yeah, dude.  Nalas has just a teeny, tiny bit of PTSD.  He probably doesn't fee like being a leader right now.  And also, he totally didn't kill that naked Cardassian dude with his bare hands.
  • Navarch?  Sounds fancy.
  • "He's been made the Bajoran liaison officer to Deep Space 9."

    "Not any more you don't.  Major Kira's no longer assigned to this post.  She's been recalled to Bajor."


    YOU D*CK.


"The Circle

  • "For a minute, I was thinking to myself 'There's a warm wind blowing in from Minicoy.'"

    "I'm sorry?"

    "It's just an old saying from Earth.  It all started with a famous ambassador from Minicoy, who used to bluster, exaggerate and dissemble to get what he wanted--not at all like you or me.  He was a bag of hot air, and everyone recognized him for what he was."
  • Apparently being the Emissary of the Prophets isn't enough to keep some punks from spray-painting your front door.
  • "How can you be discussing hand lotion?!?"
  • This episode is the (very slow) start of Major Kira's relationship with Vedek Bareil.
  • "I'm going to get you back, Major.  I promise that to both of us."
  • He's not taking you inside to make out with you.  He's taking you inside to look at the Orb of Prophecy and Change, you big doof.

  • "It's over, Odo.  You do not understand, it's all over."

    "What are you talking about?"

    "Bajor, the Provisional Government, the Federation being here...all of it!  We gotta get leave!  Well, I do anyway.  You can just turn into a couch."
  • "Quark, I hate to do this...but I guess I'll have to."

    "That's not fair!"

    "I haven't done anything yet."

    "Whatever you were going to do, it's not fair."

    "You're a deputy."

    "IT'S NOT...what?"

    "You're a deputy.  I want you to find out where the weapons are going on Bajor."

  • Vedek Winn...awesome.  I'm so glad she's here :rolleyes:
  • "Commander Sisko...you told me about the Kressari before you asked the favor about Major Kira.  You could've tried to trade that information."

    "I wouldn't do that."

    "I'll remember that about you."
  • Do they...I mean, seriously.  Does ever shady dealer in the Bajoran sector not know that Deep Space 9 has a shapeshifter for its head of security?  If you're running around dealing guns or whatever, why would you not get suspicious when they delay your departure and rummage around in your cargo hold for a few hours.  THEY PUT A CHANGELING ON YOUR SHIP, BRO.
  • Cardassians!
  • "So, you're involved with the Circle?"

    "I am the Circle, Major."


    DUH.
  • You mean Vedek Winn is tangled up with these Circle buttholes?  I'm so surprised.
  • No, he said "Admiral Chekote", not "Admiral Chakotay".
  • "Commander, two assault vessels are headed this way on a direct course from Bajor.  They've given all non-Bajorans seven hours to evacuate."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comment not related to the content of the blog post will be deleted. This includes spam and egregiously off-topic comments.