Wednesday, May 29, 2013

TNG S02E01


In this installment:
(viewed 5/28/2013-5/29/2013)
Star Trek: The Next Generation, S02E01 - "The Child"

"The Child"
  • Is this the one I think it is?  Oh crap, it is.  Not only is it a Troi episode, but we get introduced to my least-favorite Star Trek character of all time.

    (I should note that, 90% of the time at least, when I'm slamming a character I'm not slamming the actor who played them.  Diana Muldaur is a great actress, and Marina Sirtis has always been very generous with her time and very kind toward the fan community--as can be said of most of the TNG cast.  I simply don't care for these two characters.)
  • On the upside, Geordi gets a promotion to chief engineer and Riker gets his beard!
  • The awkward moment between Picard and Wesley in the turbolift?  Priceless.
  • "Counselor Deanna Troi...is pregnant."

    "PREGNANT?!?"


    Calm down, Riker.  It's not yours.
  • "It's strange to have armed guards in a delivery room."

    Yeah, well it's also strange to have a baby in 36 hours.  So pipe down, pipey.
  • His name is pronounced "DAY-tuh".  I think part of why I never liked Pulaski is because she's such a jerkface to Data.
  • This kid is even more dense than his mother.
  • Oh, I forgot that we get Guinan!  She's quite the opposite of Troi and Pulaski.  I can't stand Whoopi Goldberg, but I always liked Guinan.
  • Science Station Tango Sierra is yet another redress of the Orbital Office Complex from Star Trek:  The Motion Picture.
  • Riker: "And who will tuck him in at night?"

    Wesley: "Come on, Commander."

    Worf: "I will accept that responsibility."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comment not related to the content of the blog post will be deleted. This includes spam and egregiously off-topic comments.